Enjoy a varied and fascinating elemental world combining rock and water. The hotel’s experienced guides will take you to the best destinations in the Paznaun Valley. Take in picturesque Lake Berglisee and the magnificent diversity of the Alps on one of our guided walks. Get to grips with nature on a glacier safari to the Jamtal glacier. Wander along smugglers’ trails, past rustic huts and into the Samnaun duty free area and marvel at the flora and fauna.
Walking for pleasure, another part of summer in Tyrol. Let us tempt you along the “Jakobsweg Culinary Trail”. At five Alpine huts in side valleys to the Paznaun Valley, award-winning international chefs reinterpret Tyrolean cuisine. The very best in culinary delights. Everything is easier if you do it to music. The new hiking trail “Walk of Lyrics”, with its sound and design elements, is an impressive homage to contemporary music stars.
You benefit from:
- In SUmmer 6 to 7 guided hikes per week in the summer, included in the price
- Being accompanied by our own mountain guide
- Nature, cultural and culinary hiking experiences
- Super hiking service including the use of hiking equipment such as rucksacks, drinking bottles and telescopic trekking poles (limited amount), free of charge
- Hiking maps, trail descriptions, nature and plant guides can be purchased at the reception
- Weekly hiking meeting for regulars with tips for tours and advice
- Vitality and Wellness activities
- Price discounts for children
- The tour begins with a gondola ascent to the ‘Idalp’ in Ischgl before continuing by foot through the Höll valley, up to the Viderjoch at 2,700m. After a rest on the Swiss border, the hike descends through lush mountain pastures and continues along the Val Musauna valley to Samnaun. On this section of the hike, walkers have the chance to discover typical and some rarer Alpine flora, including the famous edelweiss, as well as Alpine fauna such as marmots. A break for lunch in Samnaun with duty-free shopping is followed by a 30-minute walk to the gondola in Samnaun, which takes walkers back up to the Alp Trida-Sattel at 2,500m. From there the hike continues up to the Idjoch (2,700m), back over the border into Austria and the Idalp before returning to Ischgl by gondola.
- Total walking time is approximately six hours.
- Conquer the summit of the Jamtal glacier! The view from the top at 3,000 metres is truly breathtaking! Experienced local mountain guides will not only ensure that you reach the peak safe and sound, but will provide you with all manner of interesting information about glaciers and glaciation in the Alps